Carl Sagan (via we-are-star-stuff)
"I suffer from life and from other people. I can’t look at reality face to face. Even the sun discourages and depresses me. Only at night and all alone, withdrawn, forgotten and lost, with no connection to anything real or useful—only then do I find myself and feel comforted."
Fernando Pessoa, The Book of Disquiet (via splitterherzen)
"1) Eat better. You have a chalkboard; use it. Make menus. Plan meals.
2) Read at least one chapter of a book for fun each day.
3) Go on a drive once a week. Have no particular destination other than a stop for iced tea. Put on music and see where you end up.
4) Listen to a record straight through without doing anything else. Sometimes music needs your full attention.
5) Doodle. Who cares how shitty of an artist you are? Give it a shot. Create.
6) Go to coffee shops. There’s a million in the city. Get out of the house for a while.
7) Ask a friend to go to dinner. Simply as friends and for no particular reason. Pick up the bill.
8) Allow yourself to fall in love. Let things happen. See where it goes. Take the risk."
Joshua Angell || Eight Things To Start Doing (via soqhist)
"You deserve the kind of love you would give someone else."
#127: (February 3, 2014)
A message from Anonymous
I love seeing your posts on my dash. This is my favorite blog. Its fantastic and you are a beautiful person:)